Thursday 7 January 2016

Library Makeover - Message from Librarian

"Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a restful break, and received many books as presents ;)

As you likely already know, our library is undergoing a makeover. Please stop in as often as you'd like to view the latest updates (currently some great new furniture, as well as spiffy new books)! 

Part of this makeover is making the library run more efficiently. One of the issues with our current book storage is the variety of spine labels, particularly in our "Easy/Everyone" fiction section. Re-labeling this is not difficult, but it definitely is time-consuming. I am very hopeful that I can have a little bit of parent volunteer time. Ideally, I'd love to have someone in for 30min+ stretches of time, and more than once. I am not picky about when, or how many, or how long you come for, or even if you cancel! This does need to get done over the next few months, however. I would love to "train" a few 'regulars' on how to use the labelmaker, and then let them go independently from there.  If you've got some extra time and would like to be involved in a peaceful, easy way to help out at our lovely school, please contact me at kmaccandless@vsb.bc.ca or pop in and see me!
Many thanks!"

Kasey McCandless (Teacher-Librarian)